If you read last weeks post here I talked about how I packed my checked baggage and how I prepare to travel. I thought it would be fun this week to show you what I pack in my carry on luggage. I know different airlines are a little bit different they all have different guidelines so make sure you do your own research on the different airlines you are flying on.
For me I am all about the comfort and convenience- especially when I travel. What better way than have the things that bring you that the closes to you. I know this sounds rather contradictory- but I also try to be not so high maintenance either.
I don’t know about you- but I always have this idea in my head “what if?” I know you can’t be prepared for everything but sometimes you just need a little bit of reassurance.
- The Bag: I have seen online so many people have different opinions on what a “perfect” carry on bag is. Some like carry on’s that have wheels and just wheeling them along with you in the airport. Me I love having my hands “free” I guess you can say. I’m a fan of just having a medium sized backpack as my carry on. I bought this black backpack specifically for this trip. And I will tell you- I’m already loving it! Big enough to fit everything and enough space and feels secure on my back.
- Hand Sanitizer: I always think this is a must! Especially if you are using the laboratory. Still always a good idea to have one on you especially in flight. Before you eat or after you slept. I always think clean hands are always a good idea. 😉
- Gum: Maybe it’s just me- but anytime I travel in a plane or in a car I always have to have gum. Maybe it’s because I have sensitive ears and they always have to pop when going through different elevations. I’ve recently started really liking this kind simply because then I don’t have a huge gum wrapper mess in my carry- on after.
- Car Keys: For this particular trip we are actually taking my car to the airport. That means I will have to have my car keys on me. After parking my car and locking it up. I always put it in the pocket so I don’t have a freak out when I come back!
- Phone: This one seems kind of self explanatory. Always able to have it in your hand or tucked in the front pocket in my backpack. Pull it out to show boarding passes or tickets and better yet to listen to music.
- Headphones: Once again one that doesn’t really need a definition. I always think headphones are a good idea. To help shut out the noise to help sleep to pass the time. Besides not everyone wants to listen to whatever you are listening to you.
- Eye Glasses: I only need glasses to read or do work on my phone. Since I always plan on putting my nose into a book I need these little guys to help me see. Ha!
- Book: As I’ve already mentioned I love reading especially when I’m traveling. This trip I decided to read a biography. I love reading biographies of people I look up to and admire. This trip I grabbed this one: Jane Austen a Life. A book that has been on my reading list for years! And why not start it?
- Notebook: If you read last week you would know I don’t really go anywhere without my notebook. In this notebook I also have my list of to pack so I would always know what I brought so I can make sure I bring home the same stuff.
- Clothes: I always like to bring a spare set of clothes just in case the inevitable happens and the airline looses my luggage (knocks on wood). I think packing an extra set in your carry on so you have that comfort that if that happens you are covered for a day.
- Spare PJ bottom: Going back to that comfort side of me I always think pajama bottoms are some of my favorite things ever and they give me so much comfort and happiness. I make sure I have one in my carry on so if that thing happens of lost luggage I can still feel comfortable.
- Bed Bag
I don’t know if it’s because of my compulsively need to have things organized and “in” it’s place I always like to have things in that order. This is what I call my “bed bag” things I have by my bedside at home.
Sleepy Time Lotion
13. Makeup Brushes
14. Makeup Bag
L’Oreal Paris True Match Mineral Makeup in light ivory
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in all is calm
Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in just bright
E.L.F eye primer
Neutrogena Skin Clearing blemish Concealer
Cover Girl Loose Powder in translucent
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
L’Oreal Paris True Match Lumi in rose
Revolution The Matte Blush Powder in beloved
Maybelline Brow Drama in soft brown
Cover Girl brow and eye makers in honey brown
Physicians Formula Eye Booster Eyeliner in ultra black
L’Oreal Infalliable Eyeliner in black
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in black
L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara in black
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick in 45
Rimmel London Kate Lipstick in 17
Real Her Lip Liner in nude
Real Her Lip Gloss in nude
There you have it. All what I have in my carry on! Happy trails friends!